Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The first post of the new year....

I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (morning) with my extended family.

On the way over, I drove by my cousin's grave site.  I never do grave sites, as it's just the body, not the soul, so I really don't see the need, but I stopped.  And to my surprise I stood their with the biggest smile on my face.  Why?  My Aunt and Uncle had placed a christmas tree at her head and flowers at her feet.  The christmas tree lights would come on at dusk and stay on for 6 to 8 hours, then go off.  Teresa would've loved it!

The festivities weren't quite the same without her.  There was definitely a void. A void that nothing, but God, can fill.

It was then and there that I began to think about the coming New Year.  I wish for my family, peace, health, understanding and love - one for another.

The New Year holds all the promises as the past year, if we follow God's lead.  Teresa received her promise and is with God.  Now we have to continue to follow God as He gets us ready to meet Him.

Happy New Year to everyone and may you and your families find the peace and love that only comes from above.

May God Bless!


2 comments:

  1. Melissa, your post made me smile - something I didn't expect given the first few lines. I don't go to grave sites either, but lately have felt the tugging to go once more to my mother and father's graves...don't really know if I'm strong enough, but maybe this is the year.
    Love you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it, if you can't, turn around, go back home, there's nothing in the 'grave yard rules' that says one has to continue on that trip once started, smile. It's not like your parents will know, smile. Love you back...

    ReplyDelete