Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Two-week follow-up...

Ok,it's been exactly two-weeks that I've been training and last Saturday (18 June) I took a spill in the chicken yard on the right side, landed on my bad knee. Now for those of you who know me, know on Mother's Day, I was going to mow my mother's yard for her so it would be nice and pretty when she returned from the motorcycle ride with my daddy. And well the lawnmower treated me like a horse and rider and threw me off backwards on my left side. So now I think I'm even injured! LOL!

So I'm running with an even bummeder (yes I know it's not a word, I have my degree in English, but I can make up knew words, it's called creative writing, consider this a creative piece, grin). My whole right side is in major pain, and my neck is killing me and I have a headache to prove it. But Sunday after Sunday school I put on my big girl panties (sorry guys!) and off the the track I went. It would've been ok, except the track in Sumrall, has an elevation from h*ll! And I had to pull HARD to climb it, but I did my 1.5 miles as scheduled (per my runkeeper training instructions) and the knee complained the entire time, but I persevered.

Yesterday, I get to the gym, because it's run day again, and realized I didn't have my ITB. Geez, am I trying to continue to injure myself?! So I dress out anyway, and run the low elevation 'track' so I don't have to pull the small hills that would've put my knee out of commission for good. It's sore today, but nothing I can't handle.

Oh, btw, I took some meds for the pain, so maybe it will help the knee!

I'm going to run the 1/2 marathon, even if it kills me. I have to now. I told my dad about it on Father's Day and asked him to come (I never ask him to come to my races). He said he wouldn't miss it, we'll see, I may hold him to it.

Oh, and for those who read this, if you could say a prayer for John Caleb who is doing a great work in Haiti, he would greatly appreciate it, I'm sure. God is teaching him to be a great follow of Him! God bless you JC!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment